Featured post

Black Thursday

Rostrum The ancient narrow pathway had become so bad that they could not find their way to their destination as the three moved in a grey Honda Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) being piloted by Dayo who was very mindful of the steering. It was on a Thursday. The 35-year-old Misters Dayo, Emeka and Okon were old time friends who reunited just a few days ago at Nsukka in Enugu State having lost contacts about eight years back, or thereabouts, after their graduation from one of the reputable higher citadels of learning in Nigeria situated in the Eastern part of the country, precisely University of Nigeria Nsukka popularly known by its acronym ‘U.N.N’. What occasioned the long-awaited reunion was the convention of their alma-mater’s alumni body themed ‘The homecoming of UNN Alumni’, which usually held once in a blue moon. Though they never studied in the same department, they were conspicuously best of friends during their school days that people within bega...

Poland PM alleges Airspace Violation by Russia over Ukraine War

The Polish Prime Minister (PM), Donald Tusk has alleged, on 10th September 2025, that Russsia had violated their airspace on the latter's attempt to attack Ukraine.

According to the Poland's PM, at least three Russian drones were shot down by Polish aircraft in the country's airspace during overnight attacks on Ukraine.

Tusk disclosed that Poland had recorded 19 drone incursions, with some flying deep enough to temporarily close four airports, including Warsaw's main hub Chopin.

"This situation brings us the closest we have been to open conflict since World War Two," he said.

This is the first time the Russian drones would be brought down over NATO territory since Moscow's full-scale invasion of Ukraine in 2022.

Russia's Defence Ministry has claimed there had been "no plans" to target facilities on Polish soil.

"The maximum range of the Russian drones that allegedly crossed into Poland does not exceed 700km (435 miles)", the ministry said in a statement.

It added it was ready to hold consultations with the Polish defence ministry.

Russia's temporary charge d'affaires in Poland said Warsaw had not provided evidence that the drones were of Russian origin.

Belarus, a close Russian ally, claimed the drones entered Polish airspace accidentally after their navigation systems were jammed.

Ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelensky warned the latest attack was "an extremely dangerous precedent for Europe".

On his part, the Ukraine's Foreign Minister, Andrii Sybiha opined the action showed that the Russian President, Vladimir Putin continued to escalate the ongoing war.

The United States' (US') President, Donald Trump wrote on social media platform, Truth Social on Wednesday 10th September 2025: "What's with Russia violating Poland's airspace with drones? Here we go!"

Addressing Polish lawmakers on Wednesday, Tusk said the Polish authorities had no information suggesting anyone was injured or died "as a result of the Russian action".

"The fact that these drones, which posed a security threat, were shot down, changes the political situation.

"I have no reason to claim we are on the brink of war, but a line has been crossed, and it's incomparably more dangerous than before."

The Polosh Interior Ministry spokesperson, Karolina Gałecka disclosed on Wednesday evening that authorities had found 15 drones.

"Most have been located in the eastern Lublin region, bordering Belarus and Ukraine. Five have been discovered in central, western and southern Poland, much further from the borders," she added.